Principal Software Engineer: Vault Platform
At 1,800 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Veeva is looking for Principal Software Engineers to build out the content and data platform. There is no red-tape, political infighting or endless meetings here. Your sole focus will be on creating an amazing software platform for customers. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are up to the challenge of building high performing services that enable rapid application development for our application teams and customers, come talk to a member of our team.
What will your day to day look like?
- Enhance our existing services to handle large scale of data
- Design and build new services to enable new functionality
- Decompose existing software services while working with and influencing others to improve overall architecture
- Participate in all aspect of the SDLC
Qualities we Value
- You love making complicated things very simple
- Passion for creating highly available and scalable services
- You easily break down requirements into architecture and deliver code
- Code quality and clear documentation
- Creativity and a willingness to explore new technologies
- 10+ years of software development experience in Java
- Expert level expertise with Java development with Server-side web technologies
- Experience leading the technical designs and implementation for high scale web-applications
- Deep experience with RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server
- Local Bay Area residents preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure preferably using Amazon Web Services (S3, EBS, etc.)
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top