Principal Software Engineer (Java, Spring, MySQL), Search Team
At 1,700 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in- class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Building upon Veeva’s industry cloud strategy, our Vault team is developing an innovative cloud-based Regulated Content Management product suite that will transform the way life sciences companies manage the critical documents that support their product development process from the research lab through clinical trials, FDA approval, manufacturing, and commercialization.
As part of our product development culture, we expect our engineers to innovate, work hard, have fun, and share ideas regularly. Engineers develop product details working closely with our product managers and other engineers, and are responsible for seeing their product features or project through the full development life cycle.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer who has deep expertise in using Solr and Lucene. The ideal candidate would also have extensive experience with the usual Java open source frameworks, tools and technology like Java, Spring Framework, MySql, Hibernate, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Junit, Mockito, Log4J, AspectJ, Tomcat, JMS, and Linux.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to problems
- Use a pragmatic Test Driven Development approach to developing high quality software that doesn't need to be assured by a QA team before it's deployed to production
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, and support and maintenance
- 10+ years of software experience
- Extensive experience with Solr and Lucene
- Extensive experience developing commercial software in Java
- Hands-on development experience with current open source tools and technologies (Java, Spring Framework, MySql, Hibernate, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Junit, Mockito, Log4J, AspectJ, Tomcat, JMS, Linux)
- Deep expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience working on teams using agile development techniques
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Local Bay Area residents preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle or MS SQL Server
- Experience with building Enterprise software for businesses
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Back to top