Principal Software Engineer, Applications
At 1,900 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Veeva Vault is looking for a passionate Principal Software Engineer to build enterprise applications for the global life sciences industry. You have been recognized as a domain expert in the past and have led large complex projects either at the feature or infrastructure level. You will work hand and hand with product managers and QA to deliver leading edge solutions to meet our customers’ needs. If you enjoy solving complex business problems and building features that improve users lives then this role is for you. Come be a part of a world-class software team that is transforming the life sciences industry!
- Serve as a technical product domain expert able to communicate effectively across multiple teams
- Develop the technical vision and roadmap for the product
- Continually challenge and improve the current technical processes and application stack
- Lead the design, implementation and delivery efforts for our cloud based features and products.
- Design an application architecture that is robust and scalable
- Mentor junior developers about best practices and present new technologies/processes to the greater Vault team
- Proven ability to write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment using design patterns and OO principles.
- Work with product team to meet product requirements and exceed customer expectations with innovative solutions.
- Create rich user experiences
- Write quality code with high unit and integration test coverage
- Passion to deliver products that elegantly solves end user problems
- Proven track record delivering complex business functionality in a leading role
- Ability to analyze and review code for performance, security, and scalability
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and diagnose customer reported issues
- 10+ years of server-side programming experience in Java
- Hands-on development expertise with current open source tools and technologies (Spring Framework, MySql, Hibernate, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Junit, Mockito, Log4J, AspectJ, Tomcat, JMS, Linux)
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases with a mastery of SQL concepts
- Ability to create rich user interfaces
- Self-starter in a fast-paced agile development environment
- BS in Computer Science/Software Engineering or relevant experience
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top