Principal Software Engineer
Veeva is looking for Principal Software Engineers to build industry leading Enterprise Content Management applications and services on our multi-tenant, highly scalable Cloud platform. There is no red-tape, political infighting or endless meetings here. We move fast and have fun. Your sole focus will be creating amazing software solutions for our customers in the Life Sciences industry to positively impact lives.
If you know how to build highly scalable, extensible platforms and applications we want to talk to you!
What will your day to day look like?
- You get to play with the latest technologies in the Cloud and keep your skills current while you innovate
- The opportunity to lead, design, implement and own key product features with our team in Toronto
- Work in a small team environment within a highly successful company that is growing fast
- Directly collaborate with all product stakeholders and drive multiple features to successful delivery
Qualities we Value:
- Creativity and a self-starting willingness to explore new technologies
- Tenacity, technical brilliance and ability to contribute quickly
- Take pride in work through attention to detail
- Passion for code quality and great design
- 10+ years developing commercial software in Java
- Deep expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Current, hands-on Java development with Server-side web technologies (Spring, JPA, Hibernate, Lucene, Solr, etc.)
- Experience working on teams using agile development techniques
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and work hard and have fun in a fast-moving environment
- Strong communication skills
- Local to the GTA. We have offices in downtown Toronto
- BS in engineering/computer science or equivalent
- Experience with content management products & technologies very helpful
- Demonstrated success in a startup mode
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle or MS SQL Server
- Experience with virtualization technologies and infrastructure (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with document and video conversion technologies (Windows/Office Interop API, PDF analysis and conversion libraries, FFmpeg, audio/video codecs and video streaming)
Veeva Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Veeva Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top