Principal Performance Engineer (Vault)
At 1,500 employees strong and growing, along with consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative enterprise cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward and no fuss.
Where You’ll Be Working
Last year we moved into a brand new 140,000 sq. ft. building in Pleasanton, CA. Sure we have the perks of a typical Silicon Valley tech company -- game room, happy hours, unlimited time off -- but we also pride ourselves on our commitment to health & wellness. We have an in-house culinary crew who prepare free, healthy lunches every day, on-site yoga and fitness classes, weekly meditation, tai-chi and healthy snacks.
Our Vault team is developing an innovative, cloud-based, Regulated Content Management product suite to transform the way life sciences companies manage critical documents, from product development in the research lab through clinical trials, FDA approval, manufacturing, and commercialization.
Our engineers work hard, have fun, share ideas, and collaborate regularly. They work closely with our product managers and other engineers to develop product details and are responsible for seeing their product features or projects through the full development life cycle.
We are seeking an experienced performance engineer with a passion to make cloud applications fast and efficient. You will work with developers to test and optimize Veeva Vault software pre-production, and also monitor and troubleshoot performance issues in production. This is a technical, hands-on role for someone who is adept at gathering and analyzing performance data and finding the root cause of performance bottlenecks.
- Collaborate with members of the Engineering team to solve performance problems
- Profile Java application performance using YourKit and other proven tools and techniques
- Monitor production performance and investigate issues
- Develop tools to automate performance monitoring
- Test and profile new features pre-production to make sure they will scale and perform
- Proficiency with Java, MySql and scripting tools such as Python and Shell scripting
- Extensive hands-on experience with performance engineering, including the use of JMeter, LoadRunner or similar tools, as well as profiling tools
- Experience working on teams using agile development techniques
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
- Strong communication skills
- Local to Bay Area preferred (Pleasanton)
- BS in engineering/science or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Experience with YourKit
- Debugging distributed applications
- Proficiency with Jenkins
- Jira expertise
Back to top