At 2,000 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
It's an exciting time to be joining the Culinary Department at Veeva. With our first-ever commercial kitchen that recently opened, we are already hard at work building the foundation of what is sure to be one of the most creative and innovative food programs around. Join our team and get ready for the numerous opportunities which will sprout from here.This position ensures that lunch service and daily prep tasks are punctual, high quality, and safe/sanitary. Working in an open kitchen environment, the prep cook must consistently exhibit cleanliness, strong knife skills, time management, friendly customer service, and attention to detail. We feed healthy lunches to 550 employees each day at our corporate headquarters in Pleasanton.
- Support lunch production through prepping, cooking and serving.
- Prepare lunch items in coordination with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
- Setup, service and breakdown of lunch and grab and go service store and label leftovers.
- Follow direction and preparation lists as outlined by kitchen management.
- Clean and maintain kitchen stations in accordance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Collaborate on evening events and close kitchen.
- Help guests, answer questions and fulfill customer requests.
- 2+ years experience in a formal kitchen environment with a passion for product and relationships. Relevant experience considered.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, communication and patience.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is required with schedule flexibility determined by needs.
- Commitment to quality service with strong food and beverage knowledge.
- Flexibility and ingenuity. Willing to work with alternative approaches and overcome challenges and limitations.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills, local and seasonal ingredients and diverse cooking styles and cultures.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Familiarity with raw, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, paleo, and whole grain recipes and products.
- Knowledge of local products, producers, and farms.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top