Practice Manager, Professional Services
At 1,900 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
A Veeva Practice Manager is a service professional who has demonstrated an ability to lead based on experience, knowledge, passion and competence. In this role, the selected individual works closely with sales and product teams to coordinate and conduct the delivery of high-level solutions; Contributes to the development of practice standards, scalability, policies and procedures; Drives utilization, increased revenue and the delivery of billable engagements for Veeva Systems products and services.
Provide leadership, mentorship, and value to the Veeva Professional Services practices in the areas of:
- services strategy and offerings
- sales and delivery capability
- talent development and management
- overall performance and execution
- Provides technical and/or business consultative leadership for a specific practice at the pre-and/or post sales level.
- Manages a team of both senior and junior consultants, architects, and project managers.
- Proactively provides input into the development of Practices’ policies, procedures, standards and strategies.
- Monitors practice job performance and provides coaching, counseling, and motivation to maximize practice performance. Recruits and hires employees who can help grow and drive Veeva’s Professional Services’ strategy.
- Integrates industry knowledge into practical configuration tactics, techniques and procedures to ensure teams deliver well-rounded and well-developed software solutions. Ensures appropriate levels of specialization in the practice are being achieved by utilizing online and in person training opportunities for the teams.
- Maintains a level of practice readiness, in order to be successfully prepared to support the delivery of customer engagements (skilled and trained workforce, strong partner relations, tested and proven technical solution capability).
- Ensures adequate level of resources in place to meet profitable demand. Oversees chargeability of all delivery resources within the practice.
- Degree or equivalent and 8+ years CRM experience in a consulting and/or professional services environment
- Ideally possess experience in pharma industry or life sciences vertical
- Salesforce, SaaS or cloud computing delivery experience preferred
- Financial and analytical experience
- Leadership skills – has previously led a team and is comfortable with both Executives and Junior staff
- Consultative skills – understanding of the services engagement model
- Detailed product knowledge
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to articulate to a business and technical audience (including senior level executives at large enterprises)
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables (project management)
- Negotiation skills and professional written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with Veeva applications
- Project Management certification
- Experience with project staffing
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top