Practice Manager (EDC - Vault)
At 1,900 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Tired of working with old EDC technology? Looking for an opportunity to change how clinical trials, data and data are managed? Veeva’s Vault Electronic Data Capture (EDC) application will truly change how the industry runs clinical trials and we want you on our team!
Veeva Systems is looking for a Practice Manager who has deep customer, project management and clinical trial expertise and a passion for helping customers transform the way they manage their clinical trial data and content with Vault EDC.
As a key member of our EDC Professional Services team, the Practice Manager will be at the forefront of our mission. A Veeva Practice Manager is a service professional who has demonstrated an ability to lead based on experience, knowledge, passion and competence. They will understand our customers’ EDC challenges and clinical needs, can translate those requirements into an implementation strategy, and drive the delivery of the Veeva EDC product and services. They will be responsible for three main things:
- Drives utilization, increased revenue and the delivery of billable engagements for Veeva’s EDC product and services acting as an escalation point to resolve customer, organizational, process or technical issues.
- Responsible for talent development and line management for EDC Professional Services team members.
- Contributes to the development of the services strategy, offerings, practice standards, scalability, and policies and procedures with a focus on quality delivery and efficiency.
Opportunity is available in the United States for this role. The work location is remote within the U.S. Qualified U.S. based candidates are encouraged to apply.Responsibilities
- Provides technical and/or business consultative leadership for Veeva’s Vault EDC application at the pre-and/or post sales level with experience delivering Statements of Work
- Manages a team of project managers and consultants responsible for delivery
- Proactively provides input and contributes to the development of Vault EDC services procedures, standards and strategies
- Monitors practice job performance and provides coaching, counseling, and motivation to maximize performance
- Recruits and hires employees who can help grow and drive Veeva’s Vault EDC strategy and perform delivery on the services team
- Maintains a level of readiness, to be successfully prepared to support the delivery of customer engagements
- Ensures adequate level of resources are in place to meet profitable demand. Oversees chargeability of all delivery resources within the practice
- Acts as the internal customer advocate, working closely with other Veeva teams (Product, Sales, Strategy) to ensure customer success today and in the future
- Oversees and participates in governance meetings with customers
- Oversees key customer accounts within the services organization and responsible for communicating status, risks, and escalations to management
- Assure process compliance with all regulatory and Veeva procedural requirements
- A minimum of 5 years’ direct experience working with EDC clinical software solutions in a client facing role
- A minimum of 2 years’ prior experience in people management responsibilities including hiring, employee relations, performance management, coaching, developing individuals and teams, and managing remote employees
- Working Knowledge of clinical trial processes across pharmaceuticals, device and/or biotech sectors, specifically as they relate to document and data collection
- Proven ability to manage diverse stakeholders, and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction
- Ability and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to implement a clinical solution
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, but also as part of a team
- Logical approach to problem solving and excellent eye for detail
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables (project management)
- Ability to adjust rapidly to unexpected business opportunities
- Brings a passionate, collaborative and innovative mindset
- Ability to build and foster teamwork through effective coaching
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of life sciences compliance and computer systems validation requirements
- Experience working closely with sales in a pre-sales environment
- Ability to travel 25-30% (may include international)
- Bachelor degree in business, computer, life sciences, or related
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Direct experience with systems such as Medidata RAVE, Oracle/Phase Forward InForm, Medidata Balance, Oracle IRT, IVRS, coding applications, eSource, and other clinical technologies
- SaaS/Cloud experience
- Life Science, computer science or related degree
- Experience with Veeva applications
- Financial and analytical experience
- Consulting experience
- MS Project experience
- PMP certification
- Locality to major life sciences customer hub (NJ; Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA; Newark, NJ; Chicago, IL)
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top