Practice Manager, Data Services
At 1,700 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in- class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
A Veeva Practice Manager is a service professional who has demonstrated an ability to lead based on experience, knowledge, passion and competence. In this role, the selected individual works closely with sales and product teams to coordinate and conduct the delivery of high-level solutions; contributes to the development of practice standards, scalability, policies and procedures; drives utilization, increased revenue and the delivery of billable engagements for Veeva’s OpenData products and services.
Provides leadership, mentorship and value to the Veeva Data Services practice in the areas of:
- services strategy and offerings
- sales and delivery capability
- talent development and management
- overall performance and execution
- Provides technical and/or business consultative leadership for OpenData at the pre-and/or post sales level.
- Manages a team of both data consultants and data stewards.
- Proactively provides input into the development of OpenData’s procedures, standards and strategies.
- Monitors practice job performance and provides coaching, counseling, and motivation to maximize performance.
- Recruits and hires employees who can help grow and drive Veeva’s Data Services’ strategy.
- Maintains a level of readiness, in order to be successfully prepared to support the delivery of customer engagements.
- Ensures adequate level of resources are in place to meet profitable demand. Oversees chargeability of all delivery resources within the practice.
- May need to travel up to 25% of time (depending on geography)
- Bachelor degree in business, computer, life sciences, or related.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- A minimum of 5 years in a client facing role.
- Must be based in commuting proximity to the Fort Washington, PA office.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Leadership skills – has previously led a team and is comfortable with both Executives and Junior staff.
- Ideally possess experience in pharma industry or life sciences vertical.
- Experience in business development support.
- Understands typical pharmaceutical data sources and purpose, such as client CRM systems, AMA data, DEA data, State License data and NPI data.
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to articulate to a business and technical audience (including senior level executives at large enterprises).
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables (project management).
- Brings a passionate, collaborative and innovative mindset.
- Ability to build and foster teamwork through effective coaching.
- Ability to adjust rapidly to unexpected business opportunities
- Experience with Veeva applications
- Healthcare customer data experience.
- Database querying skills
- Understand data flow diagrams, MS Visio, MS Project
- Experience working with relational databases and the SQL language i.e. MS SQL Server and MS Access Programming, Analytical/Database Tools
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools
- Contract management experience
- Financial and analytical experience
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
Samhita ensures that each web application integration or infrastructure the company chooses to build and create is scalable, efficient, and meets direct client and consumer needs
Back to top