Network Operations Engineer
At 1,900 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
The Network Operations Engineer is a role embedded within the Global IT Team and provides focus on the operational aspects of networking --specifically providing expertise to the Ops and Devs teams, in terms of refining performance and security, the identification of vulnerabilities, and responding to findings highlighted in forms of testing, in which the Network Engineer is expected to provide remedial action. In this role, you will work closely with the core IT functions to strengthen Veeva’s network security, scalability and performance in addition to associated systems and infrastructure work.
- Act as ‘go to’ expert on networking, interfacing with the Security, Quality and Operations teams
- Ensure network architecture artifacts are considered and reflect best practices
- Alignment of technical security requirements to operational capabilities and regulations, including training staff and creation of work instruction
- Evaluate new monitoring tools and implement as part of a continuous improvement programme
- Assist with security investigations and implementation of tools and methods to reduce risks and threats
- Periodic reviews of existing network topologies, cloud based access policies, end user security configurations
- Day to day operational management and maintenance of infrastructure
- Create tools, and use automation and repeatable processes, to cut through the noise and enable everyone to focus their time on the important events
- Communicating ongoing threats and detections through reporting and analysis
- Support forensic recovery and support, event management, threat feed assessment, spam investigation, penetration testing, network sensor audits, proactive defense and security event management.
- Act as a skilled and experienced resource for the IT and Security teams, for project and audit needs
- Participate with project teams providing expertise from requirements through design and execution
- A network qualification such as CCNA or CCSA or similar experience
- Experience in multi tenant cloud hosted applications, in terms of integration, network monitoring and security analysis
- Public cloud expertise including AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- Expert knowledge of operating systems, and the network interaction with LAN and WAN technologies
- Strong capability in understanding cloud technologies
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a complex multi faceted technical environment
- Understanding the nuances of a cloud first strategy; identity management, performance analysis, integrations
- Experience in research and development in the security field is desired
- Able to work independently or with a team
- Able to multi-task and deliver consistently on deadlines
- Able to give training and communicate vulnerabilities to developers/managers
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top