General Ledger Accountant
Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech! Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management, and customer master data management for life sciences customers.
Follow us on Instagram @veevasystems or Twitter @VeevaCareers and read the buzz, see our videos, and hear from our team about the innovation, people, and #lifeatveeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Make your best career move here!
This position reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for key areas of the accounting function in a rapidly growing Finance organization. These functions include working close with the accounting team supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting close process. In addition, this position will work closely with the Accounting Manager on key processes and policies and the implementation of controls to drive compliance with SOX requirements, effective management reporting and to help support quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Perform general accounting functions, including operation of the general ledger system, journal entries, and month-end close work.
- Reconcile, analyze, and resolve questions regarding assigned general ledger accounts timely and accurately.
- Prepare accounting entries for account reconciliations that include multi-currency accounts and complex bank accounts.
- Support various treasury functions include working closely with Account Payable on daily electronic payments processes.
- Process and support Director of Tax with multi-state sales tax and others tax filings.
- Responsible for processing employee T&E.
- Participate in the external audit process, with specific focus on collecting key financial and accounting data.
- Support management in completing special projects and other tasks as assigned.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Proficient understanding of current US GAAP accounting.
- Ability to meet deadlines as necessary and work additional hours as required.
- Excellent communications skills.
Nice to Have:
- Software industry experience a plus.
Back to top