Finance Accountant (Order to Cash) – Asia
At 1,900 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
This position reports to the Director of Finance, Asia and will manage all revenue related matters in China and APAC regions.
Veeva is looking for a self-motivated individual with U.S. GAAP accounting experience, a positive attitude and a customer service orientation. This individual will be the regional owner of the Order to Cash (OTC) process:
- Work with the Accounting Manager and Sr Accountant, Asia to handle all revenue accounting, taxation, statutory and treasury matters across all business units in China and APAC.
- Serve as primary contact for US Order-to-Cash team for all accounts receivable related matters, including order invoicing, revenue cut-off, payment application, reconciliations of GST/VAT and preparation of accounts receivable aging and other account reconciliation related with accounts receivable.
- Participate in the month-end close process including preparation of customer invoicing, accruals, account reconciliations and etc.
- Assist Sr accountants and accounting manager to file direct and indirect sales taxes (i.e. VAT, GST, WHT, Service Tax, stamp duty tax) in compliance with local tax regulations, reconcile the required tax reporting in a timely manner.
- Execute continuous improvement initiatives, and support the simplification and standardization of order-to-cash processes.
- Participate in the external audit process, with specific focus on collecting key financial and accounting data.
- Serve as backup revenue specialist for all other Japan region
- Any other ad hoc assignment any other ad hoc assignment.
This role requires effective communication in a team environment while interacting with cross-functional, cross region departments, including Sales, Professional Service teams as well as the US Revenue team. A self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and a customer service orientated attitude.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or the related degree
- Proficient in English - both verbal and written communication (CET 6 or equivalent preferred)
- Technical knowledge of China GAAP and exposure to US GAAP
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Excel, Power Point and Word.
Nice to Have
- Experience in Net Suite or Salesforce.com platforms is a plus
- Software industry experience a plus, especially SaaS
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top