Finance Accountant – Asia
At 1,700 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
This position reports to the Director of Finance, Asia and is responsible for key areas of the accounting function including: Order to Cash Process, Revenue, AP, AR, and GL. This position will be working closely with the global finance team supporting the monthly/quarterly accounting close process and implementation of controls to drive compliance with SOX requirements.
- Work with the Director of Finance, Asia to handle all accounting, taxation, statutory, and treasury matters across 2 offices in Japan region
- Serve as primary contact for US Order-to-Cash team for all Japan accounts receivable related matters, including order invoicing, revenue cut-off, GST invoice issuance, payment application, reconciliations of GST, and preparation of accounts receivable aging and other account reconciliation related with accounts receivable
- Support various treasury functions including AP electronic payments, corporate credit card management, and review monthly employee expense reports
- Participate in the month-end close process including preparation of customer invoicing, vendor bills, accruals, account reconciliations, Global Fixed Asset record management, etc.
- Serve as back up revenue specialist for all other Asia regions
- Work with third-party accounting service provider to ensure (GST, Employer taxes and Corporate Income Tax, Stamp duty tax, etc.) in compliance with local tax regulation, reconcile the required tax reporting in a timely manner
- Support financial accounting process improvements and development and amendment of policies and procedures
- Collaborate with all process stakeholders to effectively deploy new operating processes and controls
A self-motivated individual with strong U.S. GAAP revenue accounting experience, a positive attitude, and a customer service orientated attitude. This individual will be the regional owner of the AR and AP performance. This will require working relationships with cross-functional organizations including Sales, Professional Service teams, as well as the US Revenue team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related degree
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Proficient in English for both verbal and written communication
- Technical knowledge of both US and Japan GAAP rules
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to identify pain points and create process improvements
- Excellent attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience in NetSuite or Salesforce.com platforms is a plus
- Software industry experience a plus, especially SaaS
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
Samhita ensures that each web application integration or infrastructure the company chooses to build and create is scalable, efficient, and meets direct client and consumer needs
Back to top