At 1,900 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Veeva is looking for an Engineering Manager to build industry leading Enterprise Content Management applications and services on our multi-tenant, highly scalable Cloud platform. There is no red-tape, political infighting or endless meetings here. We move fast and have fun. Your sole focus will be creating amazing software solutions for our customers in the Life Sciences industry to positively impact lives.
If you know how to build highly scalable, extensible platforms and applications we want to talk to you!
What will your day to day look like?
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high performance individuals that deliver 10x the impact of average engineers
- The opportunity to lead development and own key product features with our team in Toronto
- Provide leadership in iteratively defining & refining development processes as the team grows
- Work in an agile, small team environment within a highly successful Cloud company that is growing fast
- Directly collaborate with all product stakeholders and drive multiple features to successful delivery
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
Qualities we value:
- Tenacity, technical brilliance and ability to contribute quickly
- Take pride in work through attention to detail
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves, work hard and have fun in a fast-moving environment
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements
- Creativity and a self-starting willingness to explore new technologies
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience using an agile development process
- 5+ years developing commercial software in Java
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience building application development tools, APIs, and/or enterprise application platform software
- Strong communication skills
- Local to the GTA. We have offices in downtown Toronto
- BS in engineering/computer science or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Experience with content management products & SaaS enterprise applications
- Demonstrated success in a startup mode
- Experience with the following server-side web technologies (Spring, JPA, Hibernate, Solr, etc.).
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle or MS SQL Server
- Experience with virtualization technologies and infrastructure (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with document and video conversion technologies (Windows/Office Interop API, PDF analysis and conversion libraries, FFmpeg, audio/video codecs and video streaming).
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top