Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech! Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management, and customer master data management for life sciences customers.
Follow us on Instagram @veevasystems or Twitter @VeevaCareers and read the buzz, see our videos, and hear from our team about the innovation, people, and #lifeatveeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Make your best career move here!
Do you dream about building and leading an engineering team with the talent, passion, and financial backing to build killer, industry-changing cloud-based application platform? Do you live for the challenges of a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup that cranks out major releases every month? Are you looking for the opportunity to build a new product development team with top-talent of your choosing?
If so, we may have the job for you. We are looking for an experienced, energetic, and hands-on engineering leader to manage a fast-growing engineering team of A players who have deep experience and a passion to innovate. You will be directly responsible for building, growing, and leading a development team in Toronto to keep pace with the rapid evolution of our product suite.
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high performance individuals that deliver 10x the impact of average engineers.
- Lead development efforts in short agile release cycles. Ensure absolute commitment by your team to deliver high quality product on time every release.
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine best solutions. Help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team.
- Set clear goals, hold people accountable for achieving them, celebrate success, learn from failure.
- Provide leadership in iteratively defining & refining development processes as the team grows.
- Build relationships with PM, QA, system operations, marketing, sales. Leverage those relationships to influence outcomes beyond your direct areas of ownership.
- 5+ years as a hands-on engineer developing commercial software in Java.
- Experience with the following server-side web technologies (Spring, JPA, Hibernate, Solr, etc.).
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience using an agile development process.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, with little direct supervision.
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach and lead a team to success.
- Experience building application development tools, APIs, and/or enterprise application platform software.
- Organized and capable of managing multiple complex projects at one time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results.
- BS in science, engineering, or equivalent degree preferred.
- Experience working on SaaS enterprise applications preferred.
Veeva Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Veeva Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
Samhita ensures that each web application integration or infrastructure the company chooses to build and create is scalable, efficient, and meets direct client and consumer needs
Back to top