Director/ Senior Manager, Engineering – Vault EDC
At 1,900 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Do you want to lead an engineering team that iterates and delivers functionality quickly and with quality in a fast paced environment? Veeva Vault EDC product is early in the product lifecycle and you will help guide the technical direction of the product. Our mission is to become the clear leader in products focused around data collection for Clinical Drug Trials.
We are looking for an experienced & energetic Software Development Manager or Director to be a hands-on and lead a fast-growing engineering team of A players who have deep experience and a passion to innovate.
- Recruit, Challenge and reward A players.
- Focus on Feature and Product Delivery and customer success
- Lead development efforts in short agile release cycles. Ensure absolute commitment by your team to deliver a high quality product release on time.
- Ability to work in a startup environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to coordinate and drive technical architecture and perform code reviews.
- Be a trusted partner for Senior Management with alignment on deliverables.
- Build relationships with PM, QA, system operations, marketing, sales. Leverage those relationships to influence outcomes beyond your direct areas of ownership.
- 10+ years as a hands-on engineer developing commercial software in SaaS environment.
- 4+ years of software engineering management experience using an agile development process.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, with little direct supervision across teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results.
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and lead a team to success.
- BS in science, engineering, or equivalent degree preferred.
Nice to Have
- Developing a multi-tenant SaaS application.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top