Director, Marketing Operations
At 1,700 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
The Director of Marketing Operations position at Veeva Systems is a high impact and critical role. We are looking for someone who has proven marketing operations experience and is able to develop and implement creative solutions to marketing’s operational requirements and challenges. You must have great attention to detail, be well organized, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. This position reports to the Senior Director of Demand Marketing and is based in our HQ in Pleasanton, California.
The successful candidate must be able to focus on the operational aspects of a growing dynamic marketing team, be a “hands-on” operational leader, and “day-to-day” manager. Must be a team player working collaboratively with sales, marketing, and cross-functional teams.
As a member of the marketing team, this person will work to build, evangelize, and deliver a world-class marketing operations function to support our sales and marketing teams driving our industry cloud solutions for life sciences. The Director of Marketing Operations will work closely with our executive, marketing, sales, and product teams in a fast-paced and rapidly growing market.
- Oversight and support of our marketing automation tools including Pardot and ExactTarget, and the interactions with other integrated systems such as CRM, data quality and augmentation sources and more.
- Responsibilities include definition and creation of marketing best practices, maintenance of campaigns, programs, drip & nurture programs, lead scoring, data integrity...etc.
- Optimize lead scoring and distribution methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to sales development and sales for qualification and for increasing efficiencies and conversion rates.
- Ensure accurate and timely synchronization between Pardot and Salesforce.com databases.
- Ensure processes and best practices are in place to maintain the integrity of the Pardot data.
- Creation and daily management of the marketing budget and calendar
- Effectively manage a variety of technology, data, and service vendors.
- Work closely with sales operations to ensure Salesforce.com meets the needs of marketing.
- Provide exemplary service to internal customers such as sales, marketing program managers, and execs as needed.
- Define business analytics and create dashboards and reports to support Marketing Operations and measure all aspects of the marketing lead generation engine: database cleanliness, campaign effectiveness, and overall business performance.
- Analyze data and provide recommendations for marketing effectiveness.
- Develop a set of executive reports that accurately communicate Marketing effectiveness.
- Proven technical, analytical and quantitative skills coupled with effective communication skills (verbal and written) that enable translating complex data and/ or issues into productive discussions / actions at the executive and operational levels
- Minimum 7 - 10 years of experience in a marketing/sales operations role or similar position.
- Experience in the use of business analytics, key performance indicators and dashboards.
- Experience in the use of third party data sources for lead database building and augmentation.
- Advanced user of advanced marketing automation systems like Pardot, Marketo or Eloqua.
- Strong working knowledge of salesforce.com CRM
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation.
- Innovative, motivated, organized, high-energy team player.
- Process and quality orientation with extreme attention to detail.
- Undergraduate degree
- Based in the SF Bay Area
- Undergraduate degree in business, mathematics, engineering, science or a related field from a top-tier university.
- Experience in a software, high-tech, or life science company
- Hands on experience with data augmentation and quality tools
- Hands on experience with Pardot, ExactTarget and Salesforce.com
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top