Data Scientist - Commercial Products
At 2,000 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our growing analytics team, to help us deliver next generation analytics for our Veeva Life Science customers. Our ideal candidate is statistician / data wrangler that can to scour Life Sciences + Commercial content to derive insights to delight Veeva customers.
As part of our analytics team, you will work side by side with other analytically focused developers, product managers, and analysts, to deliver new suites of applications for our Veeva Life Science customers. If you relish data challenges, play well on smart teams, enjoy ripping through a wide range of tools to find the needle in the haystack, and are looking for an opportunity to work with a fast growing company – let’s talk!
What will your day look like?
- Leverage external data sources to identify Pharmaceutical Industry trends, to help customers gain broader market perspective
- Combine your love and knowledge of quantitative data analysis across large data sets with solid presentation skills to help stakeholders make market and product decisions.
- Give commercial leadership visibility to behavioral and demographic trends in industry sales teams.
- Work with product experts to define research domain, and data management team to productionalize metric gathering.
- Use statistical methods to derive new metrics, to help Veeva customers gain competitive advantage.
Qualities We Value
- Expertise without Arrogance
- Organized mind that translates complex stat into concise presentations
- Trusted collaborative demeaner.
- Curiosity to help explore answers to questions that haven’t been asked yet
- 3+ years experience in data analytics or data science, or experience in a suitable advanced analytic domain (analytic-driven research, market analysis, etc.)
- Ability to solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with a blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills
- Extensive knowledge of, and extensive experience with, SQL for data analytics, loading, and transformation.
- Good knowledge of R or Python – bonus points for data analytics packages such as PySpark + MLLib.
- Good understanding of ML techniques such as: classification, clustering, deep learning, optimization methods
- Advanced data manipulation skills (SQL, NoSQL, Fuzzy matching, Web Scraping, Text Mining)
- BS in Quantitative Field (Stat, Math, Computer Science, Stat, or Engineering)
Nice to Have
- Experience working in SaaS cloud based world, tools, and access models.
- Experience with CRM and Salesforce data + experience with Redshift
- Expertise working within an Agile development environment.
- Expertise working with Real-time Analytic environments, providing instant model feedback from high volume transactions.
- Familiarity with source control platforms, primarily GitHub, and data engineering & development best practices
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top