Cloud Systems Engineer - CRM
Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech! Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management, and customer master data management for life sciences customers.
Follow us on Instagram @veevasystems or Twitter @VeevaCareers and read the buzz, see our videos, and hear from our team about the innovation, people, and #lifeatveeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Make your best career move here!
Do you enjoy working with large scale distributed systems, define how to manage those systems, isolate and identifying potential issues, and working to ensure problems are averted? The Veeva CRM team is looking for an experienced system reliability engineer for our large scale, worldwide and complex SaaS system. You will be a member of the team chartered with refining the existing system management and monitoring system to ensure all our systems/applications are working as expected. You will then help take the monitoring automation to the next level to ensure we can avoid system/application outages and our customers experience the best possible performance. Ideally, we want to be able to identify a potential issue early enough to resolve it before there is any customer impacts.
- Application and system level monitoring for a multi-channel CRM application that includes distributed web application, occasionally connected mobile platforms, and critical live integrations to external systems
- Work towards a new system management console to simplify and streamline both managing our systems and the detecting issues
- Work with developers, system engineers, and technical operations to monitor, respond to, and ultimately prevent issues
- Produce reports showing system availability, performance and trends and integrate them into dashboards
- Define/produce reports showing leading indicators of issues and ensure outages/problems are avoided
- Leverage existing and define new monitoring data to determine when an interesting event should have been predicted
- Continue to enhance the data collected to be able to know how the system is performing and behaving around the world
- Refine the processes, techniques, and tools used to ensure we are state of the art for data collected, how it’s gathered, and turning it into actionable information
- BS or MS in Computer Science or other technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 4-6 years of experience with large scale, Web-based, business critical applications/systems, ideally on Unix
- Hands on experience with creating system management and monitoring tools and processes
- Experience with tools/scripting languages necessary to be able to generate alerts when interesting events are detected
- Able to clearly present your findings and proposals to effect change
- Experience with a SalesForce based system, ideally at the programming level
- Experience managing and monitoring a Salesforce/Force.com based application
- Experience monitoring large scale mobile application
- Experience in Life Sciences/Pharma or similar regulated industry
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
Samhita ensures that each web application integration or infrastructure the company chooses to build and create is scalable, efficient, and meets direct client and consumer needs
Back to top