Business Systems Analyst (Finance)
Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech! Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management, and customer master data management for life sciences customers.
Follow us on Instagram @veevasystems or Twitter @VeevaCareers and read the buzz, see our videos, and hear from our team about the innovation, people, and #lifeatveeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Make your best career move here!
The Financial Business Systems Analyst (BSA) role is responsible for driving improvements in the processes and technologies supporting financial systems. This role works closely with internal Financial Business Operations leaders to effectively manage project plans and implement change management to financial systems.
- Builds the foundation for the project efforts by capturing the business context – problem definition, current state definition, objectives, business case, desired future state definition, etc.
- Develop detailed requirements (business, user, process, system requirements – functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to business vision
- Manage the requirements throughout the project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the business users and the project team
- Facilitate and act as a liaison between the technical team and the business team
- Ability to navigate the project team, IT personnel and business sponsors through a level of ambiguity including business process change; building organization and structure to requirements to drive out and define detailed requirements in an efficient manner
- Act as the project manager for implementation of the solution – identify stakeholders, risk identification and mitigation, communication, define and drive schedules, escalate internally and externally (as appropriate)
- Provision new users, manage workflows, manage system configuration, and general end user assistance.
- Collaborate with development teams to identify system improvements.
- Design, develop and test enhancements in alignment with internal business process requirements.
- Manage prioritization, implementation, and change management of application changes/enhancements.
- Document all changes to applications per internal controls.
- Create technical documentation and conduct end user training.
- Document all changes to the SaaS systems, preparing Veeva for SOX compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Financial ERP System Administration experience (NetSuite preferred)
- Understanding of business Financial processes, including but not limited to; Accounting, AR, AP, etc.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Successful in dealing with company personnel at all levels
- Ability to work independently
- Project Management experience
- Familiarity with Avalara, Coupa, or Blackline systems
- Understanding of Global Subsidiary processes/challenges
Back to top