AWS Operations Architect
Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth as the market expands for industry-specific, cloud-based software solutions. A pioneer in industry cloud, according to Forbes, "Veeva Systems is at the heart of two explosive megatrends: the cloud and life sciences." We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management, and customer master data management for life sciences customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies.
Read the buzz, see our videos, and hear from our team about the innovation, people, and life at Veeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, thrive, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Start your best career move here...
Veeva is seeking an AWS Operations Architect to manage and oversee our AWS strategy as we deliver innovative solutions to the Life Sciences industry. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technology background including virtualization, automation, application hosting/management, and operations. The AWS Operations Architect will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing an enterprise-wide AWS strategy throughout our highly successful and rapidly growing cloud-based software solutions.
- Working closely with individual product architects to define, develop, deploy, and manage highly scalable, highly available SaaS applications on the AWS platform
- Automation of software deployment, configuration management, and performance management in the AWS environment
- Establish and publish AWS best practices for the product and operations teams
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Software Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum 6 years working with product development and operations teams in a dev ops or similar role
- Minimum 3 years in cloud enabling orchestration and deployment technologies and processes
- Expert in AWS provisioning, security, and management API’s
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a cloud or virtualized environment.
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment
- Strong scripting skills ( Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalls
- Familiarity with monitoring tools (Nagios preferred)
- Experience with revision/source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce, etc.)
- Management of continuous integration servers (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience building and managing small, highly technical teams
- Experience with configuration management systems like Chef/Puppet/Ansible
Back to top