Associate Software Engineer DaaS (New Grad)
Who are we?
Cloud software for the global life sciences industry.
What do we do?
We make cloud software for the global life sciences industry.
Ok, what does that really mean?
In short, we make it easier for large pharma companies get drugs to market faster, which helps those that are sick get better faster, and makes the world a healthier place faster. Yep, we’re all about speed.
How do you fit in?
Help us develop these solutions. We are looking for an Associate Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team.
We work in a fast-paced, agile environment, releasing features every four weeks. Our small dev teams combine their technical passions with the latest open source technologies to create cutting edge cloud software.
What will you do?
- Veeva is seeking an Associate Software Engineer for our Data platform team in Toronto. You will be responsible for building core technology for creating data assets for Veeva’s industry leading Data as a Service (DaaS) platform.
- In this team, you will be creating new technology for data aggregation and services. This is an international data platform and you are comfortable with managing international data and the complexities of data matching. You have a strong background with many of the following technologies: Java, RDBMS, Elastic Search, REST, ETL and SaaS.
- Develop new features to collect, cleanse and merge data from multiple data sources.
- Opportunity to design and own key product features.
- Contribute to process improvement.
- Ensure that all project deliverables meet quality objectives in functionality, performance, stability, security, accessibility and data quality.
- Work with other Software Engineers, Product Managers, and QA Engineers in an Agile team environment.
What do you need to have?
- You have deep knowledge of working with large datasets and a strong commitment to customer success.
- Strong knowledge of Java
- Passion in large scale systems or large data sets
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field
- Experience with NoSQL like databases
- Experience delivering cloud based services
Where are we?
We are all over the world, but this gig is located at our downtown Toronto office in Canada.
What are the perks?
- Conveniently located in downtown Toronto
- Snacks, beverages and weekly lunches from local restaurants
- Team events and rec league sports teams
- Ping pong and other games
Veeva Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Veeva Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top