Associate QA Engineer (New Grad)
Who are we?
Cloud software for the global life sciences industry.
What do we do?
We make cloud software for the global life sciences industry.
Ok, what does that really mean?
In short, we make it easier for large pharma companies get drugs to market faster, which helps those that are sick get better faster, and makes the world a healthier place faster. Yep, we’re all about speed.
How do you fit in?
Help us develop these solutions. We are looking for an Associate QA Engineer to join our Engineering Team.
We work in a fast-paced, agile environment, releasing features every four weeks. Our small dev teams combine their technical passions with the latest open source technologies to create cutting edge cloud software.
What will you do?
- This is a great chance to be involved in releasing a high quality product built from scratch. You will take pride and ownership of key parts of the software and certify its quality and correctness before delivery to the customer.
- Ensure that all project deliverables meet quality objectives in functionality, performance, stability, security, accessibility and data quality
- Create testing-related documentation, including test plans, test cases/scripts, and bug reports assessing quality and associated risk
- Participate actively in functional, system, integration and regression testing activities within project timelines
- Work with Software Engineers, Product Managers, and other QA Engineers in an Agile team environment
- Develop deep expertise in the product
What do you need to have?
- Understanding of Software QA methodologies, tools and approaches (black box and/or automated testing) in a software company with short release cycles
- Experience in writing test cases and test scenarios that cover both sanity and in-depth testing including and not limited to boundary, negative, compatibility and concurrency tests
- Working experience with databases such as Oracle, Mysql, MSSql or other
- Creative & ambitious person with a passion for excellence
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building/relationship management and facilitation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience in SaaS based Enterprise Software
- Experience in Java, Python, Ruby, or other object oriented programming language
- Experience with Atlassian products such as JIRA and Greenhopper is an advantage
- Pharma life sciences industry experience
Where are we?
We are all over the world, but this gig is located at our downtown Toronto office in Canada.
What are the perks?
- Conveniently located in downtown Toronto
- Snacks, beverages and weekly lunches from local restaurants
- Team events and rec league sports teams
- Ping pong and other games
Back to top