Associate Performance Engineer - New Grad
At 1,900 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Do you dream about working on an engineering team with the talent, passion, and financial backing to build killer, industry-changing cloud-based applications and platform? Veeva is looking for a passionate Associate Performance Engineer to work at our Pleasanton, CA location. You’ll work on the Vault Performance Engineering team, which utilizes modern technologies and best practices to ensure that Veeva Vault is fast and efficient.
Vault is a proven, cloud-based development platform to manage documents and related data, while automating tasks and processes across the organization. Vault applications are purpose-built using the platform to provide a single source of truth with complete visibility and increased compliance on a single cloud platform.
The Vault Performance Engineering Team works within the Vault Development Team and participates in all phases of the SDLC. In this role you will:
- Test new features pre-production to make sure they will scale and perform
- Collaborate with Vault team members in Product Management, Engineering Management and Quality Assurance to help design and develop performance tests
- Implement and execute load tests in JMeter
- Use and update Python scripts for API performance testing
- Work with Senior Performance Engineers to profile code and identify bottlenecks
- A passion for speedy software
- Creativity and a willingness to explore new technologies
- Pride in work through attention to detail
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A degree in Computer Science or related technical degree
- Solid CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design)
- Experience with Java and scripting tools such as Python or Shell scripting
- Working knowledge of computer architecture and operating systems
- Proficient with Linux including system tools such as vmstat, top, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills and tenacity with problem solving
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
- Working knowledge of HTML and HTTP
- Good communication skills
- Local to the San Francisco Bay Area
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva does not provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Nice to Have
- Experience with load testing tools such as JMeter or LoadRunner
- Understanding of Java application proiling and analyzing heap and thread dumps
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Jira or other bug tracking tools
- At time of application, please make sure to attach the most updated version of your academic transcript.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top