Associate Data Engineer (New Grad)
Who are we?
Cloud software for the global life sciences industry.
What do we do?
We make cloud software for the global life sciences industry.
Ok, what does that really mean?
In short, we make it easier for large pharma companies get drugs to market faster, which helps those that are sick get better faster, and makes the world a healthier place faster. Yep, we’re all about speed.
How do you fit in?
Help us develop these solutions. We are looking for an Associate Data Engineer to join our Engineering Team.
We work in a fast-paced, agile environment, releasing features every four weeks. Our small dev teams combine their technical passions with the latest open source technologies to create cutting edge cloud software.
What will you do?
- We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to keep our vision of building the next generation cloud MDM application in focus while diving into the unique data integration challenges we face daily. The Data Engineer generates the data using the software created by Network’s Data Collection team, coordinates with various stakeholders to perform the Initial Data Load (IDL) into Network, and works with QA engineers to ensure the data is correctly loaded into Network.
- You will be writing Groovy scripts which run on top of our crawler platform to scrape/map various web sites. You will also manage and execute Network data updates according to a pre-determined schedule.
- Work with Product Managers to collect Data using Groovy and ensure smooth operation of the crawler software/hardware in the distributed cloud environment
- Work with Engineering/QA teams to ensure new crawling requirements can be supported by the Data Collection software or through feature enhancements.
- Develop reports to track crawling status.
What do you need to have?
- A successful candidate will have an established background in Data Engineering and strong technical skills in script development.
- You are a hands-on leader and love to solve data problems.
- Script development experience
- Exceptional skills working with PMs, Engineers and QAs from potentially different countries
- Ability to self-maintain and ensure execution of periodic data updates
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS/Eng or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- QA experience testing enterprise software development projects
- Data Integration experience working on complex technical software projects
- Software development background
- Knowledge of Groovy
- Experience in SaaS based Enterprise Software
- Experience with Atlassian products such as JIRA and Confluence
Where are we?
We are all over the world, but this gig is located at our downtown Toronto office in Canada.
What are the perks?
- Conveniently located in downtown Toronto
- Snacks, beverages and weekly lunches from local restaurants
- Team events and rec league sports teams
- Ping pong and other games
Back to top