Writer, International Division
As a client-focused company, we take pride in having helped millions of clients accomplish their financial goals. Vanguard crew are driven to inspire, inform, and educate clients so they can cut through market noise and make the best choice for investment success. We are currently seeking an experienced Writer to help us tell the Vanguard story – and what it means to clients. This role will reside in the US-based offices of our International division.The ideal candidate works effectively across various mediums—presentations, multimedia, print, web, and social media – and prefers a highly collaborative environment. As a Writer, you will research and write high quality copy that meets business objectives and will be used in a variety of communication projects such as promotional and shareholder education. You will also benefit from career development opportunities, a policy of promoting from within, and workplace flexibility. In addition to gaining a stimulating and prominent role, you’ll be part of a company where doing the right thing isn’t just a tagline, it’s our passion.Please include samples of your work or a link to your portfolio with your application.
- Creates and reviews copy that educates the reader and meets specific marketing goals. Ensures copy is accurate and meets the most recently available compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with clients and colleagues to brainstorm and develop creative concepts while maintaining the tone and voice that are uniquely Vanguard’s.
- Meets all internal and external client and production deadlines. Maintains job history and records time spent on each project. Seeks to improve departmental processes and effectiveness.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Vanguard funds, the financial markets, and general investment topics. Researches new or develops topics as necessary.
- Lends services to department crew as needed, working with others in a collaborative, team-oriented manner.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in journalism, English, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional writing experience, preferably with newspapers, PR agencies or corporate communication departments.
- Proven ability to grasp complex concepts and convert them into clear, readable prose.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Financial background or aptitude helpful.
- Occasional extended hours required to meet deadlines.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top