To create multifaceted, creative communication campaigns that incorporate articles, visuals, Flash awareness ads, and new approaches to old subject matter for Strategy and Finance. To create accurate, high-quality copy in a timely manner that meets business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates "crew-friendly" copy that educates and motivates the reader and reflects Strategy and Finance business communication goals.
- Ensures copy is accurate and meets the most recently available compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Develops timelines and coordinates all aspects of the communication delivery from key messages/approach with the client to deployment with the webmaster.
- Works closely with clients and colleagues to brainstorm and develop creative concepts using multimedia, visuals/graphics, new web pages, etc.
- Organizes and manages significant amounts of Strategy and Finance durable content on CrewNet working closely with clients, IT, and webmaster.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all Strategy and Finance business units and their major processes.
- Researches new or develops topics as necessary.
- Lends services to department crew as needed, working with others in a collaborative, team-oriented manner.
- Acts as a communications expert, staying up to date with new communications strategies and techniques by attending conferences, reading and networking with experts in the field to continue to develop expertise in marketing, social media, and multimedia communications.
- Follows documentation standards including writing/design/usability style guides, templates, style sheets and file naming systems.
- Follows regulatory and corporate communication standards, such as legal use of corporate logo, name and copyright.
- Maintains job history and records time spent on each project.
- Meets all internal and external client and production deadlines.
- Seeks to improve departmental processes and effectiveness by using VUE methodologies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (Writing/Journalism/English preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years writing/editing experience. Finance knowledge preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills for all communication channels.
- Strong grammar, punctuation and proofreading skills.
- Good PC skills, particularly with word processing software.
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, Dreamweaver and TeamSite preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor. Attention to detail and demonstrated organizational skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top