Help us tell the Vanguard story
Vanguard has spent more than 40 years helping clients fulfill their investment and retirement goals. We employ exceptional writers to inspire, inform, and educate clients so they can cut through market noise and make the best choice for investment success. Institutional Marketing is looking for an experienced Investment Writer with a high level of investment and business acumen to deliver Vanguard’s message.
Our ideal candidate is able to speak comfortably with experts about investment, industry and regulatory issues and turns those complex topics into clear and compelling stories. In this role, you will create copy across various mediums—presentations, multimedia, , print, web, and social media. You should have good collaboration skills and the ability to come up with great solutions that meet the needs of our compliance and business partners. Please include samples of your work or a link to your portfolio with your application.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with creative teams to produce complex or high profile materials that support strategic initiatives.
- Researches and writes original marketing materials in the accepted Vanguard writing style. Incorporates in-depth knowledge on retirement plans, Vanguard funds, Vanguard services, the competitive landscape, and/or on-line communication media. Researches new topics as necessary.
- Provides clients with draft copy that is complete, concise and accurate.
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity in identifying and meeting client needs. Is able to work with the internal team to develop and execute creative, “out of the box” ideas where appropriate.
- Works with creative team and clients to ensure that all internal and external client and production deadlines are met.
- Responds to edits and changes from reviewers with flexibility, while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Serves as mentor to less experienced writers by providing specific feedback on their copy, story ideas, and interviewing skills.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree (Major in English, Journalism, Communications or Technical Writing preferred) or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years of specifically related experience, with demonstrated excellence in writing.
- In-depth knowledge in relevant discipline.
- Aptitude for using computer-based communication tools and for learning new technologies.
- Experience working with the design and print production process preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex subject matter in plain English.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write quickly and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Occasional extended work-time required to meet deadlines.
Back to top