Vanguard has spent over forty years helping clients to fulfill their investment dreams and goals. We employ exceptional writers to inspire, inform, and educate clients so they can make the best choice for their investment success. International Marketing Services is currently looking for an experienced Writer to research and write copy used in promotional, shareholder education, and other communications materials. Please include samples of your work or a link to your portfolio with your application
From its start in 1975, Vanguard has grown to become one of the world’s largest and most trusted mutual fund firms. We take pride in having helped millions of clients to accomplish their financial objectives. The company, headquartered outside Philadelphia in Malvern, Pa., is also much admired for its strong culture and the impact that the Vanguard crew have on the communities where they live and work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and reviews copy that educates the reader and meets specific marketing goals. Ensures copy is accurate and meets the most recently available compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with clients and colleagues to brainstorm and develop creative concepts while maintaining the tone and voice that are uniquely Vanguard’s.
- Meets all internal and external client and production deadlines. Maintains job history and records time spent on each project. Seeks to improve departmental processes and effectiveness.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Vanguard funds, the financial markets, and general investment topics. Researches new or develops topics as necessary.
- Lends services to department crew as needed, working with others in a collaborative, team-oriented manner.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in journalism, English, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional writing experience, preferably with newspapers, PR agencies or corporate communication departments.
- Proven ability to grasp complex concepts and convert them into clear, readable prose.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Financial background or aptitude helpful.
- Occasional extended hours required to meet deadlines.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top