Wealth Management Consultant
To manage/coordinate all non-web interactions of clients in assigned portfolio. To broaden communication with clients in order to identify opportunities related to additional investment needs and providing guidance/advice.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Executes all routine clerical (e.g. change of address) and monetary (e.g. fund exchanges) transactions for Mutual Funds and Brokerage accounts. Provides clients with all requested information on full Vanguard product line. Captures relevant information in WAVE.
2. Coordinates complex client interactions. Handles high frequency complex interactions. Drafts assistance of Vanguard expert groups as needed and ensures follow through to address client needs.
3. Identifies need for guidance/advice based on consultative dialogue with client. Provides required situational guidance/advice, or positions and offers CFP-delivered situational guidance/advice by drafting assistance of co-located CFP as needed. Follows up with client to ensure implementation of situational advice delivered by CFP.
4. Fields client issues in the first instance and commences service recovery process. Escalates issues to Client Manager/other appropriate Vanguard contact as needed. Follows up to ensure resolution. Catalogs and documents issue description and resolution outcome.
5. Manages and develops thorough understanding of client base. Prioritizes and manages rep-initiated interactions with the client base, classifying clients based on potential. Follows up outcall preparation and prioritization (Service recovery, BDG, Advice etc.). Plans and prioritizes proactive outreach to clients, including scanning notable events (large asset transfers, forms downloaded, etc.), monitoring client interactions with various Vanguard reps, and reviewing client notes. Positions client specific solutions.Captures client information such as demos, preferences, and transaction information.
6. Initiates contact with clients as appropriate. Ensures execution of specific reason for outreach. Continually broadens conversations with client to identify additional related investment needs and potential need for guidance/advice.
7. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of two years related work experience. Two years experience as phone rep at Vanguard preferred.
- Series 7/63 (or ability to obtain within department guidelines).
- Exceptional client relationship management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office products.
- Broad knowledge of Vanguard funds, products and services and markets preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top