Vulnerability Management - Technology Specialist
To provide senior-level expertise, customization, and user support for third-party vendor technology products.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Translates senior-level user-defined capabilities into system/product requirements. Works with more experienced technology specialists to understand business rationale and client expectations.
2. Assesses the feasibility of requirement implementation and makes informed recommendations to management. Suggests mutually agreeable alternatives, when applicable.
3. Implements agreed upon solutions to documented business needs. Customizes (recodes) standard third-party vendor products to comply with business needs.
4. Evaluates success of product modification and regularly monitors performance to ensure ongoing utility. Resolves complex issues as they arise.
5. Integrates third-party products into the Vanguard environment, frequently with the collaboration of Systems Integration teams. Evaluates vendor products with respect to technical requirements to fill business capability needs, product maturity, and integration complexity.
6. Provides subject matter expertise in assigned projects through all phases of the development lifecycle. Defines field of use, standards, and best practices around assigned products and technologies.
7. Supports assigned products by responding independently to client inquiries and resolving issues of greater complexity. Provides technical guidance and mentoring to less senior crew.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years experience in application design, architecture and development. Understanding of software engineering processes and system development life cycles.
- Expert systems experience with a product or technical area (e.g. Cognos, SAS, DataStage, Web Trends, Documentum, TeamSite, FileNet, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and capability to lead teams.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry a plus.
Additional Job Description
- Ideal candidate will have a strong networking and firewall related back ground.
- The individual will be responsible for conducting vulnerability research, analysis, and remediation.
- Will be a key contributor towards ensuring development and execution of a flawless workflow for vulnerability management.
- Will be collaborating with various operational teams to resolve and mitigate any issues identified as part of this operation.
- Analyze, develop, and maintain scope of vulnerability management and ensure that we are achieving 100% breath of coverage with high availability of the environment.
- Develop dashboards and reports to monitor the scope of operations and lead efforts to bridge the gaps between scope and achieved coverage.
- Will be responsible for providing guidance in the design, evaluation, and implementation of various new initiatives requiring vulnerability management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top