Voyager Financial Advisor Return to Work Program
- Scottsdale, AZ
Are you exploring reentering the workforce? If you have an interest in helping individuals meet their financial goals through providing financial advice Vanguard is offering a unique paid internship! This is an opportunity to explore the financial advisor role with the potential for a full time position in the future. The internship is targeted to those who are interested in coming back after having taken a significant career break. We're working in a virtual environment today with an eventual site specific office location in the months to come.
Vanguard is partnering with iRelaunch, the pioneering company in the career reentry space, who has relaunched professionals with careers after career breaks of one to over 20 years. Vanguard appreciates the challenge of making the leap to reenter the work force after an extended time away from a career. To help you overcome those hurdles, Vanguard in tandem with iRelaunch has built a return to work program within our Personal Advisory Services (PAS) department.
We will work closely with you and give you the opportunity to get back into the Advice/Financial Services field through a paid internship. The program will allow you to refresh and reactivate your skills. You will learn more about Vanguard's culture, investment philosophy and how we work to meet the advice needs of our clients.
In this role you will:
- Develop an understanding about qualifications and preparation for acquiring the CFP® designation
- Participate in training and study sessions for FINRA Licenses including Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam, Series 7, 65, and 63 and 66
- Successfully pass the FINRA SIE exam
- Engage with crew and leaders of Vanguard
- Receive coaching and development for a career in financial planning
- Receive mentorship and work with members of our Crew Resource Groups (CRGs) including but not limited to our Women in Leadership Group (WILs)
- Work side by side with financial advisors that haves a direct impact on our business and clients.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is helpful.
- Minimum of two years customer service and client relationship management experience. Making progress toward completion of the CFP® examination and relevant work experience preferred.
- Series 7 and 66, 63, and 65 (or ability to acquire within 3 months of assuming position).
- Track record of growing responsibilities and success in prior roles.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top