Voyager Financial Advisor
Change how the world invests, one client at a time
We believe that everyone should be given a chance to succeed - and that starts with you. As a Voyager Financial Advisor, you'll develop tailored strategies that will help our clients achieve their unique financial goals. Advance your career in a team environment where it's the people, not just the finances that count.
In this role, you will
- Develop a thorough understanding of each client's financial situation in order to create and deliver a suitable strategy based upon Vanguard's investment philosophy. Educates clients and provide investment strategies to achieve client's goals. Identifies the appropriate risk tolerance, discuss appropriate savings or spending strategies and provide additional financial planning solutions as needed. Provides both verbal and written plans to communicate the recommended strategies following department guidelines.
- Conduct periodic reviews of portfolios and provide appropriate reports addressing client's ongoing advisory needs.
- Demonstrates advanced Client Relationship Management (CRM) skills along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Participate in the business development process as needed with prospective clients to deepen relationships and conduct consultations during the enrollment process.
- Initiate and implement the agreed upon investment strategy; complies with Vanguard methodology and investment guidelines; documents and maintains organized client files which meet department compliance standards.
- Utilize department tools and technology to provide the optimal client experience.
- Work collaboratively and demonstrates strong participation in a team environment.
- Focus on professional development by maintaining an in-depth understanding of financial planning, capital markets, and the financial services industry. Stays abreast of significant changes or developments (e.g. taxation, regulatory, legal, competitive) within the financial services field. Maintains all required licenses and designations.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of compliance, regulatory and departmental policies and procedures.
- Continuously identify process improvement opportunities along with innovative business solutions.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum of two years customer service and client relationship management experience as a Paraplanner or Financial Advisor highly preferred.
- Making progress toward completion of the CFP® examination and relevant work experience preferred.
What you'll need
- Series 7, 66 (or ability to obtain within 3 months of assuming position).
- Track record of increasing responsibilities and success in prior roles.
- Strong investment orientation and interest in providing asset management.
- Excellent writing, speaking and Client Relationship Management skills.
- Positive attitude with the ability to effectively manage change in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, balances multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and demonstrates exceptional time-management skills.
- Occasional travel may be required to Vanguard sites or local/national professional conferences.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top