Voice Network Engineer
To provide senior level telecommunications Voice services, including implementing, and maintaining voice system deliverables and work objects.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides senior level voice telecommunications services, including designing and implementing PBX, VRU, CTI and ACD deliverables. Coordinates vendor installations of new and existing technologies, including software, patches, upgrades, applications, in multiple sites/states.
2. Maintains and monitors complex voice systems. Tests configuration changes in the staging area or in the modeling software. Monitors capacity to ensure that all services are avaialable at peak times of usage.
3. Works closely with business division staff to identify voice work objects and conditions under which deliverables execute.
4. Writes scripts, vectors, strategies etc. to execute voice deliverables.
5. Provides senior level telecom voice services for complex issues elevated from the Support Center. Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases. Reviews related records to identify requests that may have an impact on systems. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues.
6. Presents at inspections, change management, and related meetings to identify issues.
7. Writes documentation, including policies and procedures. Creates diagrams of various systems. Maintains and administers the telecom PBX documentation repository.
8. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products.
9. Works closely with telecommunications staff to define architecture.
10. Researches and estimates capacity planning needs. Generates standard and ad hoc reports of trends.
11. Identifies opportunities to improve system and application performance, including automating manual system tasks.
12. Trains and mentors staff. Resolves complex issues elevated from staff.
13. Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
14. Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years’ telecom PBX/voice, contact center or CTI/VRU experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong internal business client focus.
- Advanced knowledge of the following telecom PBX/voice practices and concepts: full product life cycle, technical standards and deliverables, telecom system installations, trunks and stations, telephone switches, CTI/VRU hardware and software, PBX/voice hardware and software, ACD software, network and related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DLC, and ASYNC).
- Advanced knowledge of current versions of the following products: HP Openview, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite, Visio.
- Advanced knowledge of current versions of the following products, preferred: Microsoft Project.
Verint call recording experience is a plus
Experience with Genesys call center technology is a plus
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top