Vendor Relationship Manager
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Vendor Relationship Manager to manage the execution of the IT Staff Augmentation Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages staff. Provides guidance, training, and motivation, as necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates and coaches Crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases/adjustments in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
Owns and executes the IT Staff Augmentation strategy and operation, currently ~900 full-time resources across multiple external providers. Manages the evaluation and selection of supplier partners.
Develops strong working relationships across the organization. Meets with internal clients to understand evolving business needs and how various resource options can meet those needs. Develops strong working relationships with all staff augmentation partners to ensure effective support of the program.
Works with HR, Workforce Planning, OCS and others to evolve the program in line with Vanguard's business growth.
Owns and operates program governance for staffing and strategic partner vendor relationships.
Participates in the development of divisional budgets
Oversees day to day compliance activities of the IT Supplier Partner(s) personnel with Vanguard policies and operating practices. Works with HR, Legal and relevant teams to provide input to define these.
Coordinates day to day oversight by other Vanguard finance and risk groups such as Procurement, Corporate Financial Services, Information Security, IT Security Office, Business Access Management, and Business Continuity Planning.
Functions as a single point of contact for Vanguard IT's Staff Augmentation Program for managing and constantly improving Supplier Partner support requirements.
Assists in implementing best practices with respect to various delivery models such as a managed service with the Supplier Partner.
Lead tactical level governance forums with senior IT leadership to oversee portfolio level Supplier Partner performance and track remediation and improvement opportunities as needed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience preferred. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum eight to ten years of IT supplier management experience, including five to six years as a manager.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including interviewing and presentation skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in technical and business situations.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry and strong business acumen.
- Expert knowledge in a broad base of legacy and emerging technologies and their life cycles.
- Expert knowledge of multiple IT platforms and methodologies.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Global mindset.
Ability to work beyond normal business hours as job requires.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top