Vanguard University Senior Instructional Designer
To design high quality, innovative, and pragmatic learning solutions utilizing varying learning channels and methods in order to support business needs. To provide consultation on complex learning design approaches and solutions and translate learning strategies into design action plans and deliverables that are learner centric, and scalable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Partner with VU Learning Consultants to understand the learning needs of the client. Provide recommendations, as appropriate, based on learning needs assessment results.
2. Lead the design of advanced and comprehensive learning solutions using established learning and development best practices and VU tools.
3. Collaborate with VU Learning Consultants to identify and engage with subject matter experts within the business to inform course content.
4. Collaborate with VU Learning Consultants, VU Lead, Scrum Masters, and VU Developers to translate the client’s needs into comprehensive learning solutions. Determine the best solution that will support the acceleration of learning as measured in business performance (e.g., e-learning, instructor-led training, virtual classroom, social learning, self-study etc.).
5. Create learning measurement strategies and evaluations associated with new learning programs as appropriate.
6. Design instructional materials (e.g., course learning objectives, instructor and participant materials, video scripts, storyboards, e-learning, job aids, reinforcement materials, “train the trainer” materials, evaluation criteria, etc.) in line with established VU standards and methodologies. Partner with VU Developers and Writing and Editing teams in HR Communications to develop and refine course content, materials, and media.
7. Consult with the Implementation Specialists team in Crew Central to assess the feasibility of course implementation (e.g., technical requirements, materials, etc.).
8. Work closely with VU Developers, the EVP, Branding & Onboarding Lead in the Culture & Inclusion CoE, and HR Communications to ensure brand consistency across all projects including web standards, style guides, templates, and style sheets, and to ensure usage of standard file archiving processes and file naming conventions.
9. Incorporate feedback from training effectiveness surveys into the design and refinement of existing training programs.
10. Facilitate pilot training programs and implement post-pilot revisions with divisionally-aligned VU Leads, VU Training Lead and client sponsor.
11. Maintain current knowledge of industry trends related to learning and development, instructional design and Agile methodology and related standards and as new standards are instituted, incorporate them into training programs/learning solutions.
12. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree or course work in instructional design preferred.
- Minimum of three years of instructional design experience.
- Experience managing end-to-end instructional design process-based methodology (analysis, design, development, and delivery) to create curriculum programs.
- Experience in the development and implementation of initiatives from strategy through to execution.
- Experience working with teams across locations.
- Knowledge of learning and development policies, programs, and processes.
- Expertise in adult learning theory, instructional design models, and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency with multimedia design and authoring tools
- Knowledge of alternative learning strategies, technologies, and methodologies.
- Proven teamwork capabilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and organizational skills.
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top