Vanguard Marketing Corporation Treasury Manager
To lead the VMC Treasury Team ensuring appropriate current and future liquidity levels, managing a portfolio of cash and short-term investments, accurate books and records, meeting of daily obligations, regulatory deposits are made timely and accurately, and driving innovation in processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees operation of VMC banking services by supporting the primary liaisons between the DDA banks, Depositories, Line of Credit facilities, software providers, SWIFT connectivity, and Bank Strategy Relationship Group; ensuring timely resolution of problems as identified by department crew and management; and supports integration of any new services into VMC Treasury.
- Manages the development and implementation of short and long-term strategies regarding cash management. Supports crew working collaboratively with business partners, e.g. Legal, Compliance, Risk and Financial Operations, to ensure cash management methodologies are appropriate given regulatory guidelines.
- Sets vision for Treasury activities including cash management investment execution, collateral receipt and reconciliation, intraday cash position and need assessment, NSCC Margin Deposit management, payment execution, general ledger updates, and reconciliation of all VMC back accounts and corresponding general ledgers. Oversees cash accounts and the investment of available funds according to established parameters.
- Reviews short term cash projections to ensure daily operations are adequately funded.
- Reviews financial models created to forecast VMC cash and liquidity. Evaluates the VMC cash flow impacts of new business ventures and recommends funding arrangements.
- Defines, communicates and implements standard treasury policies and procedures around cash balances to ensure clear direction and well controlled operations. Monitors and communicates results.
- Manages responses to requests for information related to internal business stakeholders, Internal Audit, External Auditors, and Regulators. Engages appropriate resources to support requests, determines appropriate sources of information, collects, compiles, interprets, analyzes and summarizes results, incorporating and considering the overall business strategy. Communicates/presents information to management.
- Oversees the design and implementation of the Contingency, Risk Management, Access Control, process improvement and bank reconciliation programs for the VMC treasury function and acts as a consultant to the Treasury's suppliers to ensure their accuracy, availability, and controls.
- Manages the portfolio of projects and systems owned by the Treasury Team. Assigns resources and ensures timely and accurate execution.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (Accounting or Finance) or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree preferred. CTP Preferred.
- Minimum five years general experience and five years of industry (Treasury or Cash Management) experience.
- Management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to work quickly and independently with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Vanguard's funds and broker/dealer operations preferred (including understanding of SEC/FINRA rules and regulations).
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top