UX Strategist - Information Architect
To provide senior level strategy and information architecture services to perform program level & project level, multiplatform strategic analysis; and works through ambiguity to identify and design practical, useful, and innovative solutions to business problems/opportunities. To partner with the development team throughout execution.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops UI Architecture strategy and vision, for the digital assets balancing user and business needs.
2. Creates experience strategy documentation including but not limited to wireframes, and site maps. Defines functionality, organization and navigation solutions.
3. Works with designers to create page-level information architecture. Analyzes and determines content taxonomy.
4. Partners with Client Insights for user research, competitive analysis and usability efforts to identify user goals and tasks. Collaborates to plan usability testing and disposition findings.
5. Works with product owner to define user and business requirements (high-level or detailed depending on project). Works in partnership with cross-divisional teams and senior leaders.
6. Analyzes/Uses qualitative and quantitative data to define scalable and forward thinking systems.
7. Leads design team towards successful completion of project activities.
8. Develops and leverages a professional network to foster collaboration across the enterprise.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years general business experience, financial services industry experience preferred.
- Maintains and exercises strong knowledge/expertise in the factors that help inform and communicate the architecture/design.
- Maintains strong knowledge of web and mobile information architecture and design best practices.
- Awareness/evolution of brand knowledge/standards.
- Maintains strong knowledge of user centered design principles, visual design, user behavior and interactions; and a strong understanding of the latest technology and devices.
- Strong communication and persuasive storytelling to gain buy in from relevant stakeholders.
- Knowledge of IT project methodology and ability to collaborate effectively with IT team and project leads to ensure the integrity of architecture/design solutions.
- Strong knowledge of market research & test methods.
- Maintains strong business knowledge including competitors.
- Interactive web and mobile design experience required.
- Design Portfolio or examples of work is required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top