UX Strategist - Enterprise Advice
UX Design Strategist - Enterprise Advice
Make investing intuitive through the user experience
In this role you will expertly lead and direct the interaction design strategy (web, mobile, applications) of large scale program level initiatives. You will partner with teams across the enterprise to define the strategy for the end user/investor.
In this role you will
- Create world-class strategies for a wide range of user, business and marketing goals by leading program-level initiatives. Define complex problems expertly by using research, conceptualization (sketches/wireframes), visual design, information architecture, interaction, and by having a precise eye for detail on the execution. Delivers intuitive, engaging, and elegant experiences.
- Work in partnership with cross-divisional teams and senior leaders. Take into account every aspect of the user's experience, business and marketing goals to coordinate and deliver design, prototype, documentation, and strategy to the highest possible standards.
- Design inspirational, useful, and usable experiences by placing the client/investor first while balancing business and marketing needs. Has expert knowledge in user-centered design principles, visual design, user behavior, interactions and Vanguard's brand.
- Oversee the project team on day-to-day operations of project deliverables, and problem resolution. Coordinate project schedules, assignments and work flows.
- Develop and leverage the professional network to foster collaboration across the enterprise, to support company-wide initiatives, and to improve the ability of the department in resolving issues.
- Use a variety of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to continually improve the user experience. Analyze data and client feedback in order to make critical design decisions.
- Utilize expert understanding of the latest technology and devices (including programming languages, network infrastructure, processes, web and mobile application development) to produce technically achievable and efficient interactive solutions.
- Expertly presents and "sells" design solutions to senior management, project teams, partners, and stakeholders. Ensures the success of the strategy and the ability to champion the best possible user experience.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Don't just innovate, lead
Vanguard Digital Advisor (DA) is an all-digital financial planning and money management service that offers a personalized advice plan with a low minimum and fee. Alongside Personal Advisor Services, Digital Advisor will expand Vanguard's set of advice offers to reach a broader group of investors-a real win for those who are earlier in their investing journey and have a preference for using an online service.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in a creative or technical field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years industry/field experience.
- Interactive web design experience.
- Expert in all areas of user experience design (information architecture, interaction design, visual design, prototype engineering, content, user experience).
- A high degree of creativity, empathy, passion, and problem-solving ability.
- In-depth knowledge of market research, competitive landscape, and test methods (A/B, multivariate testing).
Specializations that will make an impact
- Proven experience solving complex communication problems and designing world-class experiences for large-scale programs.
- Expert communication skills (story-telling, visualization) and the ability to get buy-in on those ideas within a large organization.
- A deep understanding of user experience design (design, architecture, development, technology, end-users).
- Proven ability to lead a team and program level initiatives to success. Ability to turn failures into successes.
- Proven experience in using data (both quantitative and qualitative) analysis techniques to inform design.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- Portfolio or examples of work is required.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top