User Experience (UX) Strategist - Client Experience & Digital
Make investing intuitive through the user experience
Doing the right thing for investors is what we're all about at Vanguard, and that includes giving them the best possible user experience. In a business like ours, built around technology, the quality of digital interactions is essential. As the Product Design Lead, we'll look to you to champion a world-class experience and leverage your expertise to deliver it. You'll be instrumental in driving the discovery and definition phase of the experience and partnering with a team of experts to ideate, experiment and deliver a product to scale. It will require a precise eye for detail, a knack for storytelling, and creativity, a strong sense of empathy, and problem-solving abilities. You'll need excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to achieve agreement with partners and stakeholders.
This role will define strategy and design direction, and help build a highly engaging, valued experience for Vanguard clients & prospects. Your impact will reach far beyond our clients and our business to set new standards for the whole industry.
In this role, you will...
- Lead the definition of the product design vision in partnership with the Product Owner.
- Form business stakeholder relationships to ensure alignment of business and client needs.
- Synthesize research and data insights to define initial hypotheses.
- Facilitate workshops, such as zero-based design and MVP definition & design critiques.
- Work with content to define how content plays a role in the larger vision.
- Manage UX work tracks and maintain continuity among research, design and content.
- Operate a dual-track workflow that focuses on near-term MVP deliverables and future H2 and H3 ideas, continuously looking forward and mapping out the long-term path.
- Partner with the service design team to document a full-scale service blueprint map.
- Ideate on concepts, document user flows, assess navigation and architecture; map out current and future state journey maps
The Retail Client Experience and Digital strategic priority aims to provide Vanguard clients with a best-in-class experience that reflects intelligent, purposeful design. We take a client-centric approach by orienting around journeys - a client's end-to-end experience when performing a certain task - while leveraging human-centered design and rapid experimentation to create digital experiences that exceed expectations.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in a creative or technical field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years industry/field experience.
- Interactive web design experience.
- Expert in all areas of user experience design (information architecture, interaction design, visual design, prototype engineering, content).
- A high degree of creativity, empathy, passion, and problem-solving ability.
- In-depth knowledge of market research, competitive landscape, and test methods (A/B, multivariate testing).
- Proven experience solving complex communication problems and designing world-class experiences for large-scale programs.
- A deep understanding of user experience design (design, architecture, development, technology, end-users)
- Expert communication skills (story-telling, visualization) and the ability to get buy-in on those ideas within a large organization.
- Proven ability to lead a team and program level initiatives to success. Ability to turn failures into successes.
- Proven experience in using data (both quantitative and qualitative) analysis techniques to inform design.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.