Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases. Integrates third party products.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code that reuses objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, ad hoc queries, and reports.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Follows agile software development methodology. Follows architecture standards.
- Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation.
- Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables, including the Version Description Document. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Acts as a system tester for unit, integration, systems, acceptance, and related testing. Writes the test plan to ensure requirements are satisfied.
- Understands client business functions and technology needs. Understands Vanguard’s tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Knowledge of libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented concepts and techniques
- Experience with system analysis and design techniques
- In depth knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- Knowledge of the Investment Management space with a focus on middle and back office is a plus
- Experience with GIT, Bamboo, Confluence and JIRA is a plus
Vanguard does not provide sponsorship for this role.
Back to top