Trust Fiduciary Analyst
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Senior Fiduciary Analyst to review trust documents drafted by clients’ estate planning attorneys to ensure compliance with Vanguard National Trust Company (VNTC) and legal requirements, including VNTC’s trust administrative provisions.
- Understands Vanguard National Trust Company’s (VNTC’s) criteria for acceptance of trustee appointments.
- Supports Trust Administrators by providing recommendations as to suitability to trust management and in recommending alternatives that are consistent with VNTC requirements.
- Drafts and reviews legal documents, such as appointment agreements and receipt and releases for trust appointments and terminations. Supports Trust Administrators in the negotiations of document terms.
- Supports the trust business in the drafting and implementation of trust administrative policies and procedures.
- Resolves day-to-day administrative legal issues arising in the trust business, including the interpretation of legal documents.
- Assists Legal Counsel for VNTC regarding legal issues of concern to the trust business, as needed.
- Performs extensive legal and tax research for trust business.
- Acts as a liaison between the Trust Department and the Legal Department, as needed.
- Stays abreast of and tracks legislative, tax, regulatory and case law developments that may impact the trust business and related estate planning techniques.
- Develops an increasing understanding of the law, Vanguard’s business, and the mutual fund industry through attending corporate, divisional and departmental functions discussing our business (e.g., Annual Meetings), attending Legal Department meetings and training when requested, keeping current on industry and regulatory developments affecting our business, fostering an interest in Vanguard’s initiatives, researching applicable law, reading professional publications related to trust banking, and/or attending legal or other professional seminars related to the trust business.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties for the trust business as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree. Paralegal certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years related work experience (paralegal experience in the trusts and estates area or experience with trust administration at a trust bank preferred) with strong knowledge of trusts and investments.
- Experience working within Pennsylvania trust law preferred.
- Familiarity with trust fiduciary law and fiduciary taxation preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong team player.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated client focus and the ability to work with all levels of the Vanguard organization.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and function in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work independently, analyze issues and legal requirements, and translate those into business practices.
Back to top