To provide trust administrative services to corporate trustee clients. To clearly communicate Vanguard's corporate trustee offer and provide recommendations that are consistent with VNTC requirements and client objectives. To work well within a collaborative team environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Administers corporate trustee relationships in the Flagship Primary segment. Interacts with high net worth clients, their families and advisors (e.g. attorneys, CPAs) to insure complex financial and estate plans are properly implemented. Develops thorough understanding of client's needs and trust and wealth planning strategies and provides additional planning solutions as needed.
2. Responsible for evaluation of new business by completing comprehensive review of trust documents to ensure compliance with Vanguard National Trust Company (VNTC) criteria for trustee appointments. Provides recommendations to acceptance committee as to suitability to trust management. Recommends alternatives to clients that are consistent with VNTC requirements and client objectives.
3. Provides one-time consultations to clients as appropriate for the client situation.
4. Demonstrates advanced Client Relationship Management (CRM) skills along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Participate in the business development process as needed with prospective clients to deepen relationships and determine appropriate advice solution.
6. Responsible for coordinating fiduciary actions including discretionary distributions, document interpretation, tax compliance and account maintenance. Oversees day-to-day administration of assigned accounts and onboarding process for new trust accounts. Maintains all fiduciary and administrative documents and history for each client relationship as necessary for administrative management, continuity, and support of reviews by compliance and regulatory agencies.
7. Conducts required reviews of trust accounts to ensure compliance with the terms of the trust document and all applicable laws, regulations, and internal policies.
8. Utilizes department tools and technology to provide the optimal client experience.
9. Works collaboratively and demonstrate strong participation in a team environment.
10. Focuses on professional development by maintaining an in-depth understanding of trust administration, wealth planning techniques and the corporate trustee services industry. Stays abreast of significant changes or developments (e.g. taxation, regulatory, legal, and competitive) within the corporate trustee services field. Maintains all required licenses and designations.
11. Maintains an in-depth understanding of compliance, regulatory and departmental policies and procedures.
12. Continuously identifies process improvement opportunities along with business solutions.
13. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) designation (or ability to obtain within 1 year of assuming position) or Certified Financial Planner designation required.
- Minimum of three years of client relationship management experience, preferably in financial services industry.
- Track record of increasing responsibilities and success in prior roles.
- Strong client relationship management skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude with the ability to effectively manage change in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, balances multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and demonstrates exceptional time-management skills.
Occasional travel may be required to Vanguard sites or local/national professional conferences.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top