Technology Leadership Program - Technology Operations - 2021 start date
- Charlotte, NC
Create the infrastructure behind innovation
At Vanguard, technology is at the heart of everything we do. And everything we do is aimed at helping our clients reach their personal goals. That means our leaders don't just break new technological ground, they influence the entire industry. That's why our Technology Leadership Program in the Technology Operations track is designed for new graduates with the insight and leadership skills to learn, grow and turn our mission into next generation thinking on infrastructure. Make it count.
The TLP Vanguard Specialty Program (VSP) is a two year rotational development program available to graduating college seniors who are ready to enter the business world, and eager to develop their technical expertise in Technology Operations.
In this program:
- You will build the architecture that underpins our application software and drives success for crew and clients across our entire virtual company
- You will experience three eight-month rotations across the data center infrastructure: operations, network and OS administration
- You will work with the latest platform and programming technology on Distributed Systems, Data Driven decision making, Service Oriented Architecture, Automated Testing, Continuous Delivery, Cloud, DevOps and LEAN methodology
- You will share your insights and make your voice heard in a collaborative and encouraging environment
- You will enjoy dedicated coaching and mentoring from industry authorities while working on critically important projects that will prepare you for your own leadership role
Don't just innovate, lead
Do you have the passion and vision to lead a team of experts creating the backbone of our company and changing the way the world invests? Our purpose is clear: to develop disruptive technology that delivers real benefits for our clients. So if you're a self-starter with agility, determination and the teamwork skills to make things happen, there's no better place to learn, seize opportunities and lead groundbreaking infrastructure projects.
What it takes
- Bachelor's or master's degree with a concentration in computer science, computer engineering, IST, IT, CIS, Security Risk Analysis or related technical/engineering discipline required
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Proven leadership skills
- Comfort with a highly visible, dynamic, and demanding program
- Initiative, professional presence and strong desire to learn
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this role
This program is available in both PA and NC. For PA participants, students may select the Application Development, Risk and Security, or Technology Operations track. For NC participants, all rotations will take place in Application Development and Technology Operations. This position will begin in 2021 and students graduating in December 2020 or spring 2021 are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate is an early career professional or graduating college senior.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top