Technology Leadership Program - PA - Risk and Security
- Malvern, PA
Bring courage and clarity to risk and security
At Vanguard, we're changing the way the world invests by always doing the right thing for our clients. That means security is more than a priority; it's fundamental to our purpose. Protecting our investors from risk requires clear goals, big ideas and resolute action. As part of our Technology Leadership Program in the Risk and Security track, you'll build solutions that keep Vanguard safe day in and day out - protecting twenty million investors from ever-evolving threats by staying one step ahead. Make it count.
The TLP Vanguard Specialty Program (VSP) is a two year rotational development program available to graduating college seniors who are ready to enter the business world, and eager to develop their technical expertise in security and risk management.
The program consists of three, eight month rotations.
In this program:
- You will help to drive security strategy for a people-centric organization
- You will develop your technical skills, business knowledge and network across three eight-month rotations
- You will learn by working side by side with industry authorities on high-profile projects and through coaching with our Risk, HR, and IT leadership teams
- You will gain exposure to the latest thinking on digital ethics, online security, risk analysis, fraud mitigation, system modification and threat detection
- You will learn not only the technical components of risk and security, but how to effectively communicate risk and security topics to our business partners
Your development is the key to our innovation
Do you have the self-starting drive, mental agility and group approach to lead teams who are the very forefront of cybersecurity? This is your opportunity to help craft a truly forward-thinking and stabilized technology ecosystem. An ecosystem that's able to grow as the business grows, expand to meet evolving customer needs and tackle complex and ever-changing security threats. This program will help you build on your technical expertise, commercial understanding of risk and people skills to prepare for a leadership role that's as challenging as it is fascinating.
What it takes
- Bachelor's or master's degree with a concentration in computer science, computer engineering, IST, IT, CIS, Security Risk Analysis or related technical/engineering discipline required
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Proven leadership skills
- Comfort with a highly visible, dynamic, and demanding program
- Initiative, professional presence and strong desire to learn
Vanguard is not offerings sponsorship for this position
This program is available in PA only. For PA participants, students may select the Application Development, Risk, or Technology Operations track. For NC participants, all rotations will take place in Application Development and Technology Operations. This position will begin in 2021 and students graduating in December 2020 or spring 2021 are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate is an early career professional or graduating college senior.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top