Technology Leadership Program - PA - Application Development
- Malvern, PA
Drive innovation for investors everywhere
At Vanguard, we put investors first. And that means putting innovation front and center. As part of our Technology Leadership Program in the Application Development track, you'll help create IT solutions that build financial futures. From cloud computing to full stack development, your work will have a lasting impact on our business and our clients. Make it count.
TLP is ideal for individuals interested in developing leadership skills that will help Vanguard continue their success in the field of Information Technology. The program is designed for individuals who wish to mentor and coach those specialists who help Vanguard maximize the benefits of technology.
The TLP Vanguard Specialty Program (VSP) is a two year rotational development program available to graduating college seniors who are ready to enter the business world, and eager to develop their technical expertise in Application Development. The program consists of three, eight month rotations.
In this program, you will:
- Serve as the backbone of our organization as you work across multiple IT disciplines and experience the depth and breadth of our business
- Create high-impact solutions that allow crew to perform at their best and do what's right for investors
- Gain hands-on experience in Agile software development and practice LEAN methodology in a fast-paced environment with crew from around the business
- Share your insights and make your voice heard in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Receive dedicated coaching and mentoring by senior management and industry authorities to prepare you for your own leadership role
Break new ground with a global leader
Are you a self-starter looking to lead, bringing teams together around ideas with purpose? Then join the crew where disruption is inspired by mission. Here, you'll develop the programs that serve our crew and over twenty million investors, worldwide. By participating in technical capstones and hackathons and working on solution-oriented projects, you'll build the skillset to lead our crew internally, so we can make a difference for investors everywhere.
What it takes
- Bachelor's or master's degree with a concentration in computer science, computer engineering, IST, IT, CIS, Security Risk Analysis or related technical/engineering discipline required
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Proven leadership skills
- Comfort with a highly visible, dynamic, and demanding program
- Initiative, professional presence and strong desire to learn
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position
This program is available in both PA and NC. For PA participants, students may select the Application Development, Risk and Security, or Technology Operations track. For NC participants, all rotations will take place in Application Development and Technology Operations. This position will begin in 2021 and students graduating in December 2020 or spring 2021 are encouraged to apply.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top