Technology Leadership Program - Information Security
For the unique leader who can guide technology expertsTechnology Leadership Program (TLP), Vanguard Specialty Program (VSP)Locations: Charlotte, NC and Malvern, PAAs a virtual company, our technology teams play a strong role in helping Vanguard achieve business and crew-related goals. We need effective leaders to guide these experts in driving our business results. To develop future leaders, Vanguard offers the Technology Leadership Program (TLP).The program is designed for individuals who wish to mentor and coach those specialists who help Vanguard maximize the benefits of technology. Our past achievements have seen Vanguard place 15th in the “InformationWeek 500”, the magazine’s annual list of top IT innovators, and rank 48th in Computerworld magazine’s “2016 Best Places to Work in IT”. TLP is ideal for individuals interested in developing leadership skills that will help Vanguard continue their success in the field of Information Technology.
About the Program:
The TLP is a two year rotational development program available to graduating college seniors, who are ready to enter the business world and eager to develop their IT skills. Rotations will consist of three, eight month assignments where you will apply your skills and technical knowledge to successfully meet outlined objectives. Participants will build their skills using some of the latest technology. Graduation from the program is contingent upon successful completion of all rotations and outlined objectives.
After successful completion of the program, past TLP graduates have been exposed to exciting enterprise initiatives such as:
- Global Portfolio Management: construction and performance analytics
- Investor technology: trading tools and financial advice modeling
- Internal systems: intranet content management and vendor systems integration
- Technical thought leadership: security, cloud-based computing, innovation and research
This program is available in both PA and NC. For PA participants, students may select the Application Development, Risk Assurance or Technology Operations track. For NC participants, all rotations will take place in Application Development.
To ensure your success, you will receive the following support:
- Side by side training led by industry experts.
- Coaching and mentoring provided by our IT and HR Leadership team.
- Contributions to high-profile projects and exposure to diverse departments.
- Customized launching assignments in various IT roles throughout the division.
- Focus on developing a technical foundation, business acumen, and leadership skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with a concentration in computer science, computer engineering, IST, IT, CIS, Security Risk Analysis or related technical/engineering discipline required.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Good investigation and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Comfort with a highly visible, fast-paced, and demanding program.
- Initiative, professional presence and strong desire to learn.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Note: Vanguard is not providing visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top