Technical Specialist - AWS, Python and Java
- Malvern, PA
GIFS has an aggressive plan to refactor mission critical portfolio management applications as cloud native microservices. Recent availability incidents and continued microservices success drive our passion to complete this effort sooner rather than later. In order to accelerate this work, we need talent that has experience in Java, Python and cloud native technologies and be able to lead the provide direction and solutions for developing and delivering self-reliant applications.
In this role, we are seeking a Technical Specialist with expertise in AWS Services, Python and Java to provide technical expertise, including the direction, evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of new and existing technologies and tools across a breadth of platforms. Often provides direction across multiple teams.
Expert in AWS services with hands on experience in building, configuring and architecting solutions in cloud with knowledge of Java, Python and UI frameworks.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Eight years' experience in technical specialty with demonstrated experience in AWS Services, Java and Python.
- Strong, proven analysis and analytical skills
- Prior investment/financial services industry
- Expertise in full product life cycle and IT vendor product assessment
- Architecture design with a wide range of technologies within technical specialty - from state of the art to legacy systems
- Performance and stress testing with security, migration, and integration
- AWS certification is preferable in one of the following domains: AWS Developer, Architect
- Experience in engineering at least one of AWS services such as EC2, Cloud formation, EMR, AWS S3, Glue, SageMaker, etc.
- Experience in at least one of programming languages such as Java and Python
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Bamboo, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Ansible, Nexus, etc.
- Knowledge of Angular or Nodejs a plus
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top