Technical Leads and Software Engineers
- Malvern, PA
Vanguard is currently going thr ough a robust hiring initiative. Development Chapter leads, Technical Leads and Full-Stack Engineers are at the top of our list! We have multiple opportunities across our enterprise for technologists at all levels that bring different specialties. If you have touch ed on the following areas please read on and apply to learn more: Full-Stack, UI, Mid-Tie r, b ack -end, AWS, DevOps , Mobile and Infrastructure.
Development Chapter Leads:
As a Developer Chapter Lead at Vanguard, you will work on a fully dedicated, co-located and durable team given the autonomy required to deliver solutions which fulfill client needs and drive business outcomes within the context of client journeys. The team will operate with enhanced speed and agility to deliver meaningful customer experiences in a rapid build-measure-learn manner.
- Provide leadership in defining Vanguard's Client Experience & Digital strategy
- 70% hands on coding and 30% people management
- Investigate and solve business problems utilizing AWS
- Educate staff and the business on complex technical concepts with presentation materials
- Showcase experience advancing technical team members in skills through coaching/mentoring
We will look for you to make the most of your senior-level expertise in Full-Stack applications by managing a team charged with developing solutions that integrate with existing IT systems. Furthermore, increase our understanding of how we can use data to help clients by building effective ways to monitor product health, business metrics and consumer usage patterns. You will keep projects on track by communicating with project managers, spotting potential issues, and generating realistic estimates of costs and time. Lastly you will recruit, mentor, build and motivate the IT teams that will positively impact our business .
Developers and Senior Engineers at Vanguard
develop c apabilities for applications throughout the enterprise, as well as solutions to deliver them based on a Microservice and Node.js / Java libraries. We leverage most current UI frameworks ( NodeJS / ExpressJS ) the latest available tools and technologies (NGA WebApps / NPM modules), and practice Pair Programming and Test Driven Development.
Specializations that'll make an impact
- Experience with back- end development in Java, Spring Boot as well as designing and building REST API's.
- Architecture design with a wide range of technologies within technical specialty - from state of the art to legacy systems
- F amiliarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines - Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket , Jira, GIT, etc ;
- Knowledge of cloud/AWS development/engineering best practices is a plus;
- Knowledge of cloud data stores - S3, Dynamo DB and/or Amazon RDS
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top