Technical Lead - Net Centric Applications
To provide senior level IT technical lead services, including the direction, evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of new or existing technologies and tools.Technical lead with a JAVA/Net Centric development background preferred.
- Provides senior level IT technical lead services and direction. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. May approve solutions proposed by team members. Resolves complex issues uncovered by testers and internal clients.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. May screen resumes, interviews, make hiring and assignment recommendations, and write reviews.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff with less experience and identifies training needs.
- Communicates with technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project’s technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies.
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members, (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- May participate in design, code, and test Inspections throughout product life cycle to contribute technical expertise and to identify issues. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- For teams without a BSA, performs this staff member’s duties, including interviewing business liaisons to write the functional requirements. In the absence of the project manager, performs this staff member’s duties, including coordinating daily systems analysis and development activities.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures. Verifies team’s deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of five years experience in technical specialty.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Advanced knowledge of the following technical lead practices and concepts: Full product life cycle, Performance and stress testing, Security, Quality assurance methodology and Inspections, Technical standards and deliverables, Migration and integration, Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation.
- For development only: Production acceptance (including elevations), data modeling, data sharing, reusable components, and related advanced development standards.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more IT platforms: J2EE, Client/server, IBM mainframe, Microsoft Windows NT, OS/390, UNIX.
Must have experience with the following technologies: Java, AngularJS, and REST Services. Preferred experience with SQL, Selenium, and Cucumber.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top